The Mad Spinning Cowl
The base of the spinner cowl is made from die cast aluminium with a strong cross section to give support and strength to the rotating spinner. The fins are made from stainless steel and are spot woven into place and then spot-welded giving extra strength during rotation.
In order to function properly the spinner should be removed and thoroughly cleaned at least once a year to remove any debris build up. Do not allow any cleaning agents to get onto the center spindle. Our recommendation is that the product is sent back to our workshop for service annually to ensure longevity of use especially where coal, wood or smokeless fuel has been used.
- Stainless steel construction within a die cast aluminium base
- Fits a range of flue sizes up to 250 mm
- Withstands flue temperatures up to 200°C
- Sold fully assembled and ready to fit
- Sold complete with a stainless steel strap fixing
- Has a test certificate to BSEN 1856-1: 2003
- Highly effective in preventing downdraught and increasing ventilation in poor chimneys
- Height 320mm – Width 300mm
- Suitable for use with gas, oil, seasoned wood and normal coal also hetas approved smokeless fuel can be used.
- Withstands wind speeds up to 50mph
- Bearings immersed in an oil bath to provide superior lubrication
IF POOR QUALITY FUEL OR UNSEASONED WOOD IS BURNT WHILST USING THIS PRODUCT, IT WILL STOP SPINNING.
Top Cap Says: WARNING! The builders or uneducated chimneys get out of jail free card!
This cowl has moving parts and will seize if it’s not cleaned and maintained after around 2 years. After this point if its not lubricated or oiled it will start to squeak constantly until serviced.
It will increase fuel consumption whilst spinning. It is only for poor drawing chimneys with many bends.
Tip 1: It will not eliminate blow back from low built chimneys or obstructed chimneys.
Tip 2: Spaying the cowl in WD40 for coastal areas may help slow down coastal erosion.
Tip 3: Fits pots up to 10 inches.
Tip 4: We always recommend an O H Cowl over this product.